16.6.10

Yes I quoted John Mayer

So i had a conversation the other day which got me thinking about something. What it was exactly was the notion of games. And no i am not referring to stuff like soccer or trivial pursuit. Rather i am talking about emotional games.


If your reading this than a part of me hopes you know what i am talking about simply so that i don't have to type out what they are but the rest of me is hoping you have had a life where you have never had to deal with someone playing any sort of emotional game. Because i wish that i am gonna give my definition of emotional games here.


According to the dictionary of me emotional games are defined as: The actions of a person or group of people to manipulate another person or group of people to act in a certain way in a given situation, most often used to gain something from the group being manipulated.


Example one: using a person to make someone else jealous


Example two: playing extra ignorant of what someone is saying to get them to spell it out for you (yes this is something i occasionally do, but i swear it often is that i am just that stupid!)


See now sometimes i play emotional games with people to get them to realize that they are being more than a little bit of a hypocrite or a fool. I might ask questions that i know the answer to just to get people to admit things both to themselves and to me.


But thinking about it, mainly i say what i mean and i always mean what i say (note, tone is a part of what i say, sarcasm added to it means i disagree with what i am saying). So this conversation made me think about it, made me realize that i am entering into the point of my life where i am starting to get sick of playing games and want people to come out and say things. Say that something bugs you instead of trying to manipulate someone into treating you differently. Say that you like someone instead of making them jealous.


To quote a song here, say what you need to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment