21.6.10

Plug

Ok, so i a publishing a tiny post tonight. This tiny post exists to do one thing and one thing only. Namely i am going to plug a blog that someone i know writes. See what has always driven me insane since i was a kid is that people live in the world, they notice that yes it is hotter out than it was last year, yes there is less snow, yes the air hurts my lungs to breath in the city, yes we can't see the stars at night, but no we are not going to do anything about it.

See as a kid i grew up in the country, on a farm. There was a conservation area down the street, a forest across the road, my grandmother's house had a pond in the back yard. Suffice to say as a kid my life was awesome, who needed to be able to walk to a park when i could walk to a forest?

I watched the Nature of Things for fun, as well as documentaries and read non-fiction books for fun (which i still do). I was a science junkie, i was a student whose highest mark was in math (MATH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!). I was very much a dork, nerd, geek, whatever you want to call me. I still am and carry the titles with pride.

Anywho this blog that i started this post to plug is Girls Gone Green which is put up from some girls who go to the same university as me and offer advice on how to live more ecologically friendly. If you like it i also recommend you check out the blog done by the same author who writes more about life in this world that we are slowly destroying. Check out the Outside In.

And finally my fun quote of the day is: "But if i don't follow my whims out when will I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment