24.6.10

Sweet Dreams to You, Creativity to Me

So i have had something that to me is kinda interesting over the past... oh i dunno, week or so happen to me. That something would be a terrible terrifying sleep schedule.

This sleep schedule would be so bad in fact that those sentences above were written before, but i cannot tell you when because i lost focus and went and passed out (also because i clicked to edit this post before checking...).

But anywho back to writing this post, because this is where i am, right here, right now. And what am i doing besides writing this post you may ask? Answer: Thinking of the gazillion and one other things that i have to do, such as make supper because my stomach is threatening to climb up my throat, strangle me, and eat me. I am thinking about calling home to ask about the tanks i have there and see when i can get one up here so i can adopt a pet turtle (yes i promise to post pictures if i am lucky enough to get one...). I am thinking about cleaning up my desk because it has become my "drop zone" where i toss whatever i don't feel like putting away right now. On it i can see, a shot glass, a Mr. Sub sandwich bag, my ipod, a sticky note with a phone number, several receipts and a towel from the kitchen...

But here i am typing away like a good little blogger, and why may you ask, why am i typing away at this when i should be writing my paper for Indigenous studies? Why instead of getting food so that my typing doesn't stop mid sente.....

mid sentence, god it would be cool if i could actually write enough tension into these wandering thoughts that it seemed like i had actually passed out from starvation.

But anywho, the reason why i am typing and blogging is simply because of that aforementioned crappy sleep cycle. See, with my insomnia comes this really cool and really irritating kind of creativity that can lead to random thoughts and questions. Many of said thoughts and questions become the fodder for the kind of self held philosophical debate which then gets spewed out here for people to read.

You can see where this is going can't you? What? You can't? You need me to spell it out because it is a blog and really there is only one person talking, so paragraphs like this one almost count as talking to myself? Well ok then self!

See these questions that have been occurring frequently have given me somewhere around 7 or 8 different ideas of things to blog about, meaning that i have 7 or 8 possible posts plus all the ones on the rules i am making.

And what does that mean for you? The readers of my ramshackled thoughts that wander around more than a drunk on St. Patties day? (i watched The Boondock Saints yesterday, so that came to mind)

Well i think it means that i might, for a little while at least, have less wandering intros, instead my posts might get more to the point *gasp!*

I know this is a shocking and new development, but bear with me because i think it is sticking around until i start sleeping good again. So you all sleep well, i will keep thinking of ideas and slowly write about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment