30.8.10

Last Day of August

Hey y'all out there, it is about 12 o'clock, just about to begin the last day of August and i am about to head to bed in a little bit but first i am chillin online and watching my turtle Squirt attempt to devour the fish i tossed into his tank tonight. Apparently like most guys he really enjoys the chase...

Anywho i was kicking around earlier watching some TV and some videos on Youtube and i decided that simply i wanted to share a link to a guy's work that i have been watching a lot on Youtube recently, which is the Phillip DeFranco show (i think that is how you spell his name).

What the guy does is search around the internet, find some interesting news, and then shares and talks about it for a little while. He does this in a really funny way, he does a great job of editing his videos together and i just really recommend it, so if it sounds like something you might like to watch, check him out at http://www.youtube.com/user/sxephil

And of course i intended this to be a short little post but that seems to have failed because Youtube recommended a video featuring a Jason Mraz song which really puts me in the mood to reminisce about this past summer and talk a bit about the up coming year. Basically i am saying if you want to avoid the sappy emotional crap i am about to talk about then stop reading here.

OK so if you know me at all you know that while i technically considered moving into residence at university moving out and didn't experience the whole wanting to go home thing that most people did, this summer was technically when i got my own space where i was allowed to do things like *gasp!* poke holes in the walls! So as such this summer has been a time when i have grown up a lot.

That notion right there freaks me the fuck out, i have always been someone who people think of as mature, hell i think of myself as mature, but this summer i grew up a lot and it terrifies me to think about all the other growing left for me to do. I like being a kid but at the same time i will be twenty one in less than a month! I am going into my second year of university!

While a lot of me is really excited about this, excited about the fact that i get to have my own space, i have my own turtle now, i am making decisions about the route my life will take a bunch of me is gibbering in the corner of my mind at the notion that anyone in their right mind is letting ME make these choices... I mean i hardly know how to cook!

But at the same time this summer i have learned a lot about the importance of keeping a space clean, how quickly food goes, the effort it takes to keep a place looking nice, and how nice it must be to go home to a house that doesn't have cats in it.

As well i worked at a new job this summer, i got to be a server and for a couple minutes i even got to be a bartender! I've met a few new people this summer and keep having these wonderful moments in conversations with people where i learn something new about myself. That of course was something i thought about myself in addition to being mature i thought i knew myself but i guess not as well as i thought... i think i should type thought one more time...

And this leads to the final thing that happened this summer that i want to talk about, and that thing is a person. That thing is my girlfriend. She is this amazing strong beautiful person who is so very different from everyone else i have ever met. And of course it just happens that she also lives a good nine hours away so i have hardly spent any time with her physically even though i have spent hours on the phone with her.

We both noticed the same thing... we both realized that we missed each other before we had even spent time together because we simply... well on my half at least she had become one of the people who knows me at least as well as i know myself. To be honest those people number on one hand.

She is a very important part of my life, very special to me, i like her a lot, and yet more than half of the time since we started dating has been spent 9 hours apart. I'm not someone who tends to like people this way often. I tend to be picky. And so i spend a lot of time talking to her on the phone, why? Because i haven't had near enough time with her.

Its the last day of August and in my mind it can't go fast enough because i want her here right now. Your task for this day is to find someone special to you and let them know all of how you feel, be as open as you can. Let them in and hope they don't hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment