21.8.10

Back Yet Again

Hey y'all, long time to blog eh? The last one was published on the 7th of August and here i am starting the next one on the 21st, time flies eh?

But how to get back on the proverbial blogging horse... Well how about i talk about the time i took off from writing in every way shape and form and see where that takes me? Yes you whiners, another post about writing, deal with it!

See i was writing quite a large amount, well a large amount to go from zero to whatever it was. Because of this i was feel a bit of burn out and needed a break. I tried to force myself to keep writing but it wouldn't work and then i had a guest for a week and i didn't have time to write anything so instead i was a person who was living there life.

I get the feeling that most people wont understand what i mean by that so let me explain. I have a friend who is also a writer and a Christan told me an idea she had, an image of me she saw in a dream. What she saw was me suffering intensely from a form of writer's block because i had placed myself in the moment, i had lived my life to experience each moment rather than for God and because of this i didn't have enough of myself inside myself to keep writing.

Was this why i couldn't write for a while? Why i need a break of several weeks where i quit blogging and quit writing in my journal?

No, rather i quit doing these things because i hadn't experienced enough life, i had lacked things which stirred my passions and made me feel the urge to write things down. The notion that in order to write people need to shut themselves away, that they need to control their passions and focus themselves.

It reminds me of a book about authors that i read recently which talked about one writer who started drinking because he thought that writers drank to aid the creative process. The creator of the book said instead writers drink to deal with the loneliness of their work.

That i think was the problem, i was focusing too much on the work and the process and not enough on the life that creates the passion for the work. That's what i needed and that is why i didn't write anything for a while.

So that is my message for now, don't think that being creative comes without going and living in the world. Creativity isn't something that comes in an ivory tower surrounded by beauty, rather it is from those moments when the beauty and profanity of the world are side by side and you can see something to truly needed to be written about.

No comments:

Post a Comment