27.6.09

Need

You know what it is. I know what it is. We both feel it. Its there, deep down inside us. Its burning, slowly consuming who we are. I can't resist it any longer. Can you? Can anyone? Can you fight the pull? The carnal hunger? Do you have the will to resist?

Ok, how many people thought i was talking about sex? Well i can only see my hand in the air... But i also could have been writing about hunger, about drugs, or right now i was actually writing about... duhn duhn duuuuhn! writing.

That is right, that right there is how i feel about writing. It is a need, deep down inside me, something i have to do. I'm not certain anymore that it is what i actually want to do for a living... This blog has shown me what it can feel like to have to write something every so often. But i do want to keep writing.

No, i need to keep writing. There isn't really a choice for me, just like with meditation, without them now, i begin to feel stressed, antsy, and burn out so fast. Take today for example, my entire shift at work i was hating it, every single step i took.

Why? Well it could be just one of those days, but what i kept wanting to do was go, sit down cross legged and focus on counting my breathing. I had a craving to sit. A need. And i didn't because i was too busy. So now i am at home, no longer craving to sit, instead craving to write.

I feel this need to pull something out of myself and see it on the screen, to actively feel the writing, be able to see my emotions take shape in words. And so i wrote this. Do you have a craving like that? One that can rule your life and twist your emotions around? Why does it do that to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment