5.7.10

Why You Missed Me

So i failed. I failed in managing to toss out a blog post every single day, though lets face it, i also jinxed it by talking about how i had managed to get into writing a post every day and bringing up a lot of self righteousness with regards to people getting outside and enjoying the lovely world. I find myself cooped up inside hiding from the heat which has recently skyrocketed to the point where i am so very happy that i have a car because it is the only way i can make it to class when it is this hot out.

But that having a car is also what gives me my next story, and part of the reason why i have been letting up on the blog posting every single day.

See, there are 2 running jokes i have with the universe/god. One is that god and me have a deal, he gets to throw situations my way every so often that he finds amusing, but most of the time he makes my life rock. The other running joke is that the universe loves me.

Well the universe doesn't love me anymore...

Instead it wants to get me drunk, take me to a dark corner, do dirty things to me, take me back to its place, do dirtier things all night long, then have my babies.

Allow me to explain my awesomely wonderful life which shows this. See, i was writing all the time last week which i want to do, i have no homework currently, i have a car. I have worked the past 2 weekends, both paychecks will clear 100 dollars. Awesome right? True, not as awesome as i have said, but still pritty good.

Then there is the fact that the night before i had to wake up at 7 so i could be at work at 9 to load up my car i couldn't sleep. There were a couple of things which kept me up till around 4 o'clock which sucked, and my thought process was "God, i know you find this funny, but please cut it out". Then i go to work, pack up my car and off we go, the 4 people who will be working the event in 2 cars.

Now driving normally wouldn't be a big deal, but the area we drove to... so beautiful, honestly i loved it and am slowly working on a plan to go back there sometime soon. When we got there we found everything set up, which means great not too much for us to do except put the stuff in a fridge and wait for the wedding ceremony to be over so we can serve lunch. Meanwhile the father of the bride also tipped each of us 50$ so that our service will be as good as it can be (which it would have been anyways, i love my job).

Now the fun part, that day, that wedding, with 4 people, 2 bartenders and 2 wait/serving/busing staff was the least work that i have EVER had to do. The night where i got 3 hours of sleep resulted in the easiest day of work EVER where i got 50$ on top of my paycheck. Then i drive home, chill with a friend, play some scrabble, get a watch and an alarm clock which i needed badly, and had some other interesting tidbits pop up that night.

The next day i got to volunteer for a local turtle trauma center, it was my first day and i loved working with them. Then one of my roommates and her parents came up, they also took us out to dinner and then we went swimming in the pool in their hotel before renting movies to watch (which we still haven't but oh well) and i bought, well got bought for me, Cruel Intentions. I love this movie so it is even better. And today, well i ate sushi, hung out, and got some new tea as well as a soap to make me smell like a tree. Thats why i haven't been posting, but no worries i will be back to work regularly ASAP, just pray that the big man turns the heat down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment