7.2.10

My Uni

So i am back at university after a short trip home and the feeling of releif when i walked through my res room door was amazing. I felt so much more at home, it calmed me down and just felt so much better. As i threw my stuff onto my bed i couldn't help but feel like i was back where i belonged.

Even though i was only gone for a night and it wasn't really even a full day it just feels so much better being here. But back to what i really want to write about, trip home.

See, i went home because i am now picking up 5 hours every two weeks from my old job so that i can afford to do all the wonderful things that we like to do here at uni, like say eat out and enjoy real food. So i went back to my shitey old job at the grocery store and worked away five hours (and by worked i mean thought up the most useful ways to waste time).

While i was there i couldn't help but think about what exactly it is that frustrates me about working there so much. I mean if i actually was to get a job at a bar like i so want would it really be all that different or would i be just going through more of the same?

With working there for as long as i have i seem to either know where everything is or know how to find everything which is actually quite nice. I mean due to my massive amounts of experience i am now competent at my job. So could it be that there is just no more of a challenge there? It certainly does contribute to it, no matter what day it is i know exactly what will be happening each and every second i spend there.

But there is more to it than that. The work is incredibly mindless which doesn't help. I can work and wonder about life, existence, and the meaning of it all over and over again. That is actually kinda nice, to get time to think things through and work on my thoughts is rather nice. I mean it isn't like i really take a lot of time to do that most days, but after 5 hours of it straight my thoughts become kinda repetitive.

But the issue i couldn't help thinking about and realized that it bugged me the most is the last one i come to. I really don't like uniforms.

Ya, that is my major complaint currently. I don't want to wear the uniform and look exactly like everyone else who works there. That is why i glory in every single change to my look i can make. I roll up my sleeve, wear blue pants instead of black, wear different colored undershirts. All in my effort to be me and not this mindless slave that uniforms make me think of.

And that is why i really want to work for a small business where they don't have uniforms or name-tags or time clocks. Rather i want to be able to work in my clothes, don't get me wrong i would still look nice and be sure to be clean. But i would also get to be me. And isn't that supposed to be who they are hiring anyways, me?

No comments:

Post a Comment