13.5.09

Writer's Block

So here i am, sitting on my lazy but preparing to write a new post, and what should wander its way into my head to write about? Nothing. At all. Which created an idea. Writer's block, most common bane of my existence, shortly followed by my job.

Why is writer's block so horrible? That has to be the most stupid question i have ever written. And yet the answer might be incredibly informative. Writer's block is frustrating to me because writing was the first thing i did that people said i did really well. It was my talent. And it is still, at least in theory.

So writer's block is my form of a baseball player's slump, where no matter what i do, nothing is right. Add to this that with my own writing nothing is ever good enough anyways and writer's block becomes my own personal pit of despair.

And yet i like it. Some sick, perverse part of me enjoys this suffering, this knowing that right now i can't produce anything great because out of it will come something better than before. And thats what gets me through my writer's block, that and forcing something out like this post. Something that i don't know where came from or where it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment